As an agricultural advocate, it is my job to find new methods to share with consumers the practices and methods used in today’s technology-savvy world. With this objective, many commodity groups and organizations are striving to enhance their efforts to promote the industry to society with increased use of social media and videography. One group recently released a video to do just that.
- The video is fun and presents a down-to-earth feel with the music and cartoon images.
- It places an emphasis on current trends in agriculture. This is show with the modern style of housing for the hogs.
- It is concise and to the point in explaining hog production.
- Who is the target audience? This seems unclear. The video appears more sophomoric in its presentation.
- Was the selection of music the best way to present current trends in agriculture? The idea of using a version of “Old McDonald” could make the audience think of traditional livestock production methods while this video is promoting the new age in raising animals.
- Including real-life examples of hog farmers that are represented could strengthen the end of the video.