Happy National Dessert Day! I needed a dessert after a long workday. Lucky for me, I was feeling adventurous in the kitchen and threw a few cupboard and refrigerator staple items to make a new, protein-packed recipe self titled, PB&J Quest Protein Muffins.
The recipe yields 4 muffins, 100 calories per muffin. You can customize this recipe however you like. I chose to add a tablespoon of Justin’s almond butter on top of mine because I needed some more healthy fats and protein for my daily macronutrients. (That is not included in the 100 calories)
Caroline’s PB&J Quest Protein Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray four wells in muffin pan.
- In medium bowl, mix together salt, flour, baking powder, and whey protein.
- Whisk in egg whites, Greek yogurt, and honey.
- Use a spoon and fill bottoms of each well using half the batter.
- Cut one PB&J Quest bar into quarters, flatten the pieces and place on top of partially filled muffin pan wells.
- Evenly spoon remaining batter on top of four muffin wells.
- Top each muffin with one raspberry (I used frozen).
- Cook in oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on stove.
- Cool 5-10 minutes and enjoy a clean, fun dessert!