I feel like I keep experiencing “cycles”. Highs and lows. It’s a roller coaster world we live. We all experience it to different levels and different extremes. Comparing my previous corporate sales life to entrepreneurial life, it seems amplified! These “cycles” are what can ultimately lead to our success or failure. Can we conquer them or get carried away by them?
Last week started out not so hot, with some disappointing news for a potential set up to promote my meal prep company in a local business. BUT, that low turned around into a higher opportunity to work with some athletes and prepare their meals. Then, this week, I’ve finalized the offer, am completing a contract, AND purchased a new fridge for another gym to begin selling meals! I’m gonna RIDE THE HIGH and enjoy the zero-gravity feeling.
The last time I felt that, I had a major success. I signed on a large client and also gained a new offer to make side income working on Sundays with another company. Have you ever noticed that as you continue to focus on the positive things happening, even the tough times can seem positive in a sense?
I like to correlate these real life situations to food. Take a regular meal of chicken, sweet potato and broccoli for example. This is a meal I eat every day. Those three foods never change. One day, they might seem pretty awful. The next day, I could tweak the flavor, cooking method or sauce just a tad and fall in love with it all over again! It’s a matter of converting bland to brilliant.
Join my new Meal Prep 30-Day Challenge that starts JULY 1 and turn your bland meal prep into a brilliant system with fun, exciting tips, recipes and more! Sign up now until June 29: Meal Prep Challenge Sign up. You can WIN some Vital Proteins from me!
You could be on the same schedule, doing the same things every single day. One tweak and it could become more fun, more enjoyable and bring more JOY to your life. Bland to brilliant. What will you do?
I’m excited to share I am on board with Vital Proteins!!! I am extremely supportive of companies focused on quality, simple, beneficial products. Their line of collagen protein is just that. I love the majority of their lineup, based on ingredients, formulations and tastes. One of their products, the Collagen Veggie Blend, is not my favorite flavor but has extremely beneficial fruits and veggies in powder form.
It is a little “bland” if you will. But, I found a brilliant way to incorporate it into my pre-workout meal! You can do this with any of their products actually. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Watch this fun video of the “end process”!
Collagen Pre-workout Oatmeal Balls
Ingredients (1 serving!)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend
- 3/4 scoop True Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate in Chocolate Flavor
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Sea salt
- 3-6 drops of liquid stevia
- **Optional: 1/2 Tbsp additional cocoa powder or powdered peanut butter
- In a small bowl, combine collagen blend, whey protein, quick oats and a heavy amount of cinnamon and sea salt.
- Stir in almond butter and honey. It will be very dry with a few clumps.
- Now, add in water 1 tablespoon at a time. As you do, stir and combine until the mix starts to form together. You will add about 4-5 tablespoons total until the oat mixture can be formed into balls. If you add too much water, it will become extremely sticky! If this happens, add some cocoa powder or powdered peanut butter and stir more.
- Form all of the mixture into balls and place in the freezer at least 30 minutes. Take out of the freezer and enjoy the tasty morsels to fuel your workout.