Since I am on my “off season” from competition, I have been playing with new recipes and counting my macros. Breakfast has always been my favorite. I workout in the mornings and enjoy coming home and making something fresh or having something flavorful waiting for me when I arrive.
Pinterest has been overflowing with the sensational “overnight oat” recipes and I had yet to try one. Until now. I think I am in love. I created my own spin on this overnight oat recipe. Thanks to my awesome app, MyMacros+, I was able to put together my recipe and calculate my macronutrients from it.
So here it is, the Muscle Mint Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Muscle Mint Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
- 1/2 c. dry Quick Oats
- 1 Tbsp. Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 rounded scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein – Extreme Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 c. Fairlife Fat Free Ultra-Filtered Milk
- 1/4 c. MuscleEgg Protein Drink – Mint Brownie Flavor (or can add regular egg whites instead)
- 1 Tbsp. Walden Farms Chocolate Dip (for added chocolate awesomeness)
- Mix all dry ingredients in container. I used a 2 cup glass container with lid.
- Stir in MuscleEgg, milk and chocolate dip.
- Place lid on container and store in refrigerator overnight, or minimum 4 hours.
- Hit the hay, awake, workout and enjoy! Can eat cold or microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute.
|That depressed look on my face when my food is all gone. It always happens so quickly.|
Have a variation you have tried or are interested in? Let me know. I’m all about experimenting with new healthy, clean recipes!